connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

The Secret Life of Prince Charming

The Secret Life of Prince Charming - Deb Caletti “Where there is love, there is pain.” - Spanish Proverb. The ever practical good girl Quinn grew up in a household surround by women with broken hearts. Almost daily, she’s told cautionary tales by her grandmother, mother and aunt so she decides to play it safe. Her boyfriend is a nice boy - a good boy. Till she gets dump and wonders if there are no good men in the world. When she visits her father - a self-centered womanizer, she discovers that hearts are not the only thing he’s stealing. So she teams up with her half-sister, Frances Lee, and her younger sister on a journey to fix the damage her father wrought. To sum it up, a journey about love, family and sisterhood.Another great story by Deb Caletti. It’s funny, whimsical and touching. Quinn’s family is hilarious to read about, especially her grandmother’s Internet obsession. The short stories interjected about the past loves of characters were fun to read and filled with love advice. I don’t what else to say except it is a wonderful read and Deb Caletti does not disappoint.