connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Ann Brashares This book has been sitting on my shelf for a young time and been on my to read list for while too. I did see the movie some time back before picking this up to read so I did find myself comparing the book and the movie. The book, as is the case when books get turn into a movie, is the better form but watching the movie before reading made it easier to picture characters and settings.Four best friends are spending their first summer apart and they find magic pants that fit all of them. So they form a pact, a sisterhood of the traveling pants. The pants get sent around to all of them and events happen when they wear it. Death, divorce, love, family, relationship all appear as themes in this novel as the characters learn to grow as individual people.I read this at the start of my summer vacation as I headed off for LA and it is a cute book. The premise of the pants and I found myself falling for the characters and anticipating their next moves. A perfect book for the start of summer vacation. Serious themes but light enough for it to be fun and enjoyable.