connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

Where People Like Us Live

Where People Like Us Live - Patricia Cumbie "She thinks all the screwed-up things in the world are happening somewhere else. But bad things are happening right here. Where people like us live."Libby and her family have moved around for as long as she remembered. This time, they have moved to a small town called Rubberville. This time, Libby ends up befriending Angie, a girl who lives across the street. Or, actually Angie introduces herself to Libby and nearly gets themselves killed walking down the train tracks on their first day of friendship. Libby never had a close friend before and is not very close to her older sister, Rita. But when Libby discovers a secret of Angie's, she must risk saving her friend or protecting their friendship.While the book may seem thin, the story itself is deep.The characters are well developed and the story is very well-formed. The main point of the story, being trapped in a situation that risks a friend and that bond is something familiar with teens. Maybe not in the same situation as the novel but the idea of it is similar.Friendships are hard. They are complicated. They are intricate. This is a good book to read and discuss about friendships, choices, relationships.