connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

Moby Clique (Bard Academy)

Moby Clique - Cara Lockwood Bard Academy is a school located on Shipwreck Island that delinquent students are sent to. Bard Academy is a purgatory for dead writers who teach the delinquent students and the students have no idea that their teachers are dead. Except for Miranda Tate and her friends because apparently Miranda is a descendant of Wuthering Heights' Catherine Earnshaw. In this world, characters from the classics come alive and real life may parallel plot lines from classic novels. Bard Academy is no ordinary school. And this year, Miranda is not the only member of her family sent to school there. Her younger inquisitive sister is to attend and when she gets lost in the woods, strange things start happening.I really enjoy the Bard Academy series with the humorous characters (scared-cat Samir, goth Blade, and logical Hana) and the situations they get themselves in. Lockwood's witty way of referencing classic novels add to the enjoyment of the story and makes the classics more interesting than the way they are taught in high school.A great read for a new take on old literature.