connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

Poison Ink

Poison Ink - Christopher Golden A suspenseful supernatural thriller. Sammi, TQ, Caryn, Lettie and Katsuko don't belong to any one group in their high school except with each other. They each have different personalities and interests but are the best of friends. One day, they decide to immortalize their friendship by getting a tattoo. One tattoo on each one of them. Sammi backs out of the plan and then everything changes. She is outcasted from their group. Her friends start drastically changing becoming party girls - doing drugs, having sex, beating up on people. One night, when Sammi tries to break up a fight involving her old friends, they turn on her and beat her up. Before she blacks out, she glimpses the tattoo growing on her friends' body. Snaking black tendrils curling over their bodies.Christopher Golden creates a spellbinding story full of twists and turns. After starting the novel, I could not put it down. The characters are so diverse and complex. The plot is delightfully creepy. The best tattoo book I've read so far. Makes me second think my decision to get a tattoo.