connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

Bewitching Season (Leland Sisters, Book 1)

Bewitching Season - Marissa Doyle It is 1837 London and Honorable Lady Persephone or "Persy" rather spend her time buried in books studying magic then being out; attending balls and flirting with idiot boys. Her twin sister Penelope "Pen" on the other hand is looking forward to "coming out" and attending balls and flirting with eligible young men. But when their governess Ally is kidnapped and a plot to dethrone Princess Victoria is revealed, Persy and Pen's "coming out" become much more interesting and deadly.Victorian England is one of my favorite time periods to read about and I throughly enjoyed how the author added magic in the story. Historical fantasy. Once I picked up the book I could not stop reading. I took this book to Disneyland with me and read while waiting in line for the rides. It took me about two days to finish it because it was so entrancing. I do hope that this continue because this book focuses on Persy more so than Pen and I do want to see how Pen future will turn out.If you enjoy Jane Austen type of stories, then I highly recommend this one.