connie908

Translate My Heart

I am a twenty-something year old with a fondness for books, snail mail and summer dresses. I work in a bookshop and live in the pages of books.

The Juliet Club

The Juliet Club - Suzanne Harper Kate deals with love the same way she deals with her parents, life and school - rationally and reasonably. When she is dumped, she vows never to fall in love again. When she wins a contest to study Shakespeare in romantic Italy, she decides that it is a perfect way to get over her relationship. She'll engross herself in her studies, explore the history of Verona and eat yummy pasta and gelato. But can she resist love when she is studying one of the most romantic plays in history - Romeo and Juliet?A cute light read perfect for summer. Kate reminds of Kate from The Taming of the Shrew, and there are several other allusions to Shakespeare's plays. Humorous (Kate's father is so funny), drama (mistaken intentions) and fun. A story of friendships and relationships.And the cool thing is The Juliet Club is real. They are a bunch of volunteers that answer letters written to Juliet from around the world.